Friday, January 25, 2013

Quorthon (Bathory) - Brain Damage # 2 - 1985


Qurothon, ca. 1984

It dawned on me just a day or two ago that I still hadn't posted an interview conducted with Quorthon of Bathory, who probably more than any other single person has the most to answer for with regard to the Norwegian, and thus worldwide, black metal explosion.  I've got several interviews with the man, who died quite unexpectedly in 2004 from heart failure, but the one I've chosen for the time being - from 1985 - is the oldest that I could find, and here at Blackened Relics we're (I'm) all about old shit.

Quorthon, ca. 1984

Quorthon (Bathory) - Brain Damage # 2 - 1985

Meanwhile, I feel it only right that this also be made available here for those whose hearing has yet to be ruined by it.  It needs little introduction, and is quite possibly the single most seminal recording in black metal's entire history.



 Bathory - Bathory - 1984

Quorthon, ca. 1984

Quorthon, probably ca. 1984-1985


Æon

2 comments: