Tuesday, February 4, 2014

The (Emperor's) Return...

A new laptop means - at last - access to all of my materials, which furthermore means giant updates.

I'm seriously itching to work on this; be on the lookout for more albums/demos added to the older sections, not to mention photos where available.  Also, I'll be posting brand new, classic transcriptions along with - you guessed it - accompanying photos and "files".

As a teaser, I'll say this: I'm pretty sure that I was in the middle of working on an old, out-of-the-way piece on Bulldozer when the laptop went to Hell (Heaven?).  Beyond that, in the last year I've been listening to a lot of old, crusty stuff like Mutilated (France), Protector (Germany), Merciless (Sweden), Poison (Germany), and Imperator (Poland); maybe not all strictly black metal, but I think they all deserve mentions because A) they were all hugely influential on many of our favorites, and; B) they're all seriously fucking awesome.  I plan to give them all the full treatment - if you know what I mean - as well as devote plenty of space to the canonical classics.

It's good to be back.

Æon

No comments:

Post a Comment